Perfectly applied make up, expensive jewelry and designer clothing are all wasted if your hair looks unhealthy and unkempt. Of course, the opposite is true. If you are not wearing the nicest clothing, fresh make up or nice jewelry – when your hair looks fresh, clean and put together, you still look good. Fortunately, you don’t need expensive hair care products or creams to keep your hair healthy and cared for, just follow these basic hair care tips and see a difference!
Below are some basic, useful and helpful hair care tips:
- Don’t wash your hair too often, it makes it dry and may start to get stiff and crimpy. Of course, make sure to wash it when necessary to keep it clean and hydrated.
- Keep away from applying too many oils to your hair. Instead, try to distribute the natural oils in your hair by bending over and brushing your scalp and hair from back to front.
- Believe it or not – hair that is lifeless, stiff and coarse can sometimes be a sign of poor diet. Consider cutting down on cholesterol and fats.
- Don’t use hair irons, blow dryers or any hot tools too often because it provides unhealthy heat for the hair. Also, make sure your hair is completely dry before applying any of these heating tools to your hair or else your hair will get burned – which will make it coarse, stiff and hard to take care of.
- When wearing pony tails, use a soft rubber band to reduce stress on the hair.
- Make sure that your hair is totally and fully wet before applying shampoo. This will minimize breakage of the hair.
So there, you have it – Six simple steps to keep your hair nice and healthy! Hair care is very necessary and important for everybody and everyone, any stage and every age. Give them a try and trust me – you’ll see a difference!