There are not such great hair days, bad hair days and BAD hair days. Do you ever find that some mornings you wake up and nothing but nothing looks good? Your hair is frizzy, puffy or stringy and no matter what you try to put on to make it look good, it seems like there’s no hope?! Sometimes even your favorite hat or hair accessory can let you down on such a morning and it just makes you want to go right back into bed for the rest of the day. Well don’t do that yet, below are top ten ideas of how to prevent bad hair days and how to deal with them.
1. To get your hair wavy and sleek, simply sleep with your hair in a braid. The more waves you want in your hair, the tighter it should be. If you simply want extra volume without getting your hair puffy or frizzy, make it a little looser. It’s a great trick that never lets you down!
2. This may sound funny but if you simply want your hair to stay natural and not frizzy after you take a shower, simply either put your hair in a neat pony or let it loose and gently put it neatly into a pre-tied bandana either covering your whole head or half. What?!?!? A pre-tied bandana?????? Now how does that make a difference???? Well, it just keeps your hair in place throughout the night instead of it flying around and getting frizzy, puffy and drying in the wrong way. If you still don’t believe me, give it a try and let me know how it goes! Trust me, it won’t let you down!!
3. For a neat pony with some volume or waves go to sleep the night before with your hair in a tight neat bun. Your hair will dry when it’s all twisted up in the bun and when you let it out in the morning it will be nice and wavy. If you want to give it that extra look you can add moose to your hair before you put it in your bun.
4. Wake up with your hair all oily and just don’t have time to take a shower?!?!? Don’t freak out just yet. Run to the bathroom (or wherever you keep it) and pull out a BIG bottle of baby powder. Gently sprinkle some on your hand and spread it on your hair. At first your hair will be white but the more you brush it out, the sooner it will blend in. Since it is dry, it works wonders!! Once you try this trick baby powder will become your best friend and right hand man!
5. Fizzy hair?! When it’s too late in the morning to start thinking of all the things you could have done last night to avoid it, just grab that banana clip – it makes all the difference!
6. The best trick for puffy or frizzy hair is DON’T BRUSH IT!!! Yes, don’t brush your hair in the morning; it just makes it all that much puffier and harder to deal with. The only time you should brush it is after the shower to keep the knots out.
7. If your planning on wearing your hair in a pony but it’s just wild today simply put your hair in the pony and run your hair iron through the pony, it takes two seconds and looks as if your whole head is ironed. Don’t have a hair iron? Ask someone around you to lie your hair down on the ironing table (yes, the ironing table!) and go over your hair with a clothes iron. Make sure they don’t get too close to your scalp!
8. Bangs are puffy or just not behaving?! Grab bobby pins and just put them up and out of the way – you might even start to like that hair style so much that you’ll want to wear it every day!
9. When there’s no hope and there’s nothing to do about it just stuff all your hair into your newest beret and put on a smile 😉 it makes all the difference!!
10. Can you share something that works for you??