Wigs are no longer Great Aunt Betty’s little secret tucked away in the back of her closet. Women covering their hair for religious reasons have been wearing them for years, but in the last decade, more and more women have started to wear wigs for many different reasons. Some wear wigs due to hair loss or thin hair while others do it because it’s practical – “you just slip on your wig and you’re good to go!”
So below is a list of do’s and don’ts for every wig:
1. Don’t wear a wig straight from the package.
Do take it to a hair dresser or wig stylist and have it cut and styed the way you it will suit your face
(yes, even the wigs that probably cost less than the cut itself).
2. Don’t wash it too often or all the hair will fall out.
Do wash it occasionally to give it a fresh and clean look.
3. Don’t go for outrageous colors and styles unless you’re wearing it to a dress up contest.
Do get the most natural looking wig as possible.
4. Do go age appropriate – Sure short wigs are comfortable and fun looking but it can make the average
20 year old look like a 40 year old.
5. Don’t keep your wig stuffed in your night stand.
Do keep your wig in good condition by placing it on a wig head.
6. Don’t blow dry your wig to often or it’ll get dry and stale. NEVER iron a synthetic wig!
Do set your wig with rollers to give it a fresh look.