First thing first. ALWAYS carry a ponytail holder with you in the summer. Whether you’re going to the park, the beach, on an outing or anywhere outdoors for that matter, the second you get too hot, sweaty or itchy all you gotta do is slip it out and tie your hair up and out of the way. Never underestimate the power of a Pony Holder, it may be small but it is definitely one of the most practical hair accessories I know of.
1. Looking for something different and original to do in your hair? Try making (what I like to call) a Topsy! Tie your hair into a pony tail with a pony holder. Then, right above the pony holder, make a little hole by dividing your hair down the middle and separating it. Now, take your pony tail and put it over and in the separation you just made. Tighten your pony holder for a secure fit. This pony with a twist is a great hair style to do on your little one, your big one or yourself!
2. For a Hawaiian, beach and summery look, put your hair in a low side bun. If you’d like to have some hair in your face, take out a few strands of hair from here and there for a chilled, natural look. Then, take a big colorful and summery flower hair clip and put it right above your bun. Wow! So fresh and easy!
3. Rolled out of bed with a bad hair day? Can’t seem to tame your frizzy hair in the humidity? Consider wearing a hot and stylish summer cap! By wearing a cap in the summer, not only do you look fashionable but you are actually protecting your face form getting sunburned at the same time!
4. If you haven’t got yourself a soft wide head wrap yet –NOW’S THE TIME!! Headwrap headbands are the hottest hair accessory this summer! Wear it as a partial head cover, a thin head band, over a fall wig and much more! Buy one simple hair accessory and keep on wearing it in different ways. What’s nice about a soft wide head wrap hair band is that it allows you to leave your hair down in the summer and still keep cool- definitely the best of both worlds!
5. Looking for a hairstyle that you won’t have to be busy with all day? Tie your hair into a neat French braid and put a bow at the end! Make sure to tie it secure so that it’ll last you all day long. This is a great hair style especially for little kids who run around all day and can’t stand to have hair on their face or neck.
Hope these tips were helpful! Any more suggestions? We’d love to hear!