Make sure you and your kids are fully protected by the sun.
Thinking of doing some awesome sports this summer such as hiking and biking? Plan ahead and make sure to take along head coverings and accessories to ensure you and your kids will be as comfortable as possible. Of course, when purchasing head covers and hair accessories for outdoor sports there are lots of things to look out for. Below is a guide and more information you’ll need to know before getting the perfect hair accessories for your trip.
– When spending time in the sun it is very important to make sure that your face and your children’s faces are fully protected by the sun. Look for a lightweight head covering with a visor such as a Sun Cap, Pre-tied head scarf with a visor or simply a Sun Visor that has a Velcro in the back of your head and keep safe at all times.
– Do you have any sort of front bang? Having hair in your face on a hot summer day can be really uncomfortable and make you feel really hot so you definitely don’t want to forget some bobby pins. Bobby pins are one of the most ideal ways to keep your bangs up when they are in your face. In addition, another great option is a head band or soft wide head wrap. These hair accessories will definitely keep you cool and stylish on your outings
– Being outdoors, especially when the sun is strong, makes you feel really hot and uncomfortable? Opt for keeping your hair up with strong and durable pony holders. Looking for something funky and summery? Try wearing a Scrunchie pony holder which will keep you cool and prevent pony marks
– Prefer wearing your hair down? Keep a Jaw clip in your back pocket for emergencies. A jaw clip will allow you to leave your hair down yet still have some hair up which will keep less hair off your neck and keep you cool.
– We all know how knotty hair can get when doing summer sports. Don’t forget your pocket brush with a mirror so you can keep on making sure you look great anytime and anywhere!
Once you have your hair accessories and head covers packed and ready for your trip you are good to go! So have fun, keep cool and look good this summer no matter where you are and what it is you are doing!
Luckily for us, back in the days someone figured out that if you blink up metal you can see your face in it.
I don’t know about you, but my pocket mirror is definitely one of my best friends. Lately, I haven’t gone anywhere without it, it’s in my back “pocket” wherever I go! I’m sure you’ll agree with me that when walking out in this harsh winter your hair gets blown away and although it made have been neat and put together when you left the house, a few minutes outside can turn it up side down. So of course, we all turn to our tiny little buddies to help us straighten ourselves up and look just right. Luckily for us, back in the days someone figured out that if you blink up metal you can see your face in it.
Mirrors have been around for a long, long time now. It seems like even the Egyptians were already using copper mirrors and in the 16th Century mirror makers in Venice invented a mirror made of glass and the back was covered with mercury which gave an excellent reflection. The French then industrialized the process in the 17th century making it a wide spread and popular object. The pocket mirror was invented shortly after for all of those (like us) who felt they needed a mirror on them at all times.
There are lots of different kinds of travel mirrors for many different purposes. Some include travel mirrors for makeup which are generally a little larger than the compact mirrors for ones purse, there are pocket mirrors for bathrooms, counter tops and many more different sizes and shapes. But the more typical pocket mirror is the Compact mirror which is typically the smallest of the travel types. It’s two halves open and close with a center hinge to allow double the mirror size in half the space. While many compact travel mirror styles are round, they come in many different sizes. They can be found in heart shapes, roses, ladybugs and anything else you can dream up! They can even be found with a key chain on it so they can be attached to a key ring, a wristlet or anything else to make it even more practical.
So if you are still looking for that simple solution to be able to fix up your hair wherever you are- any time and anywhere, I think it’s safe to say that the pocket mirror is definitely going to be your best bet!!